I didn’t think it was possible to look like an asshole while reading Dr. Suess to children but Scott Walker has again proven me wrong. The whole thing was a sham. A PR piece under the name of Scott’s “Read to Lead” program. Didn’t Nancy Regan try that? Here’s the deal…Wisconsin’s public education isn’t broken. 80 percent of the kids he was reading to can already read. I’d like to sit around and cry about the other 20 percent but I blame that on their parents, not the teachers or the system. Wisconsin is consistently rated as one of the top educational systems in the country. That’s like having a broken window and instead of fixing it you just bulldoze the whole house. With your dick.
Come back in five years Scott, after you’re done fucking the schools up, and I’m sure that 80% will have gone down. Once fourth-grade literacy is down to 40% you can start the brainwashing project and grow more voters.
The only positive coverage of Scott’s fucking “Read to Lead” campaign is here. It’s from ” The Maclever Institute” which is just another group of GOP dicks. You can read about them here but these are a few of the best excerpts:
According to One Wisconsin Now, the MacIver Institute is
“a pro-corporate organization founded in 2009 to advance conservative ideas and values…Its top staff is long-time Republican campaign strategists and its board of directors includes leading Republicans, most notably Mark Block, the head of Americans for Prosperity-WI, Fred Lubar, deep-pocketed Republican donor and Jim Troupis, lawyer to leading Republicans such as Assembly Speaker Scott Jensen and ethically-challenged Supreme Court Justices Mike Gableman and Annette Ziegler.
ThinkProgress reports that the MacIver Institute has numerous ties to the billionaire Koch Brothers, billionaire co-owners of Koch Industries, which has numerous business interests in Wisconsin. ThinkProgress writes,
Mark Block, the Americans for Prosperity Wisconsin state director and a key figure in the alleged voter suppression plot, sits on MacIver’s board of directors. MacIver and AFP Wisconsin also share two other board members, David Fettig and Fred Luber. MacIver also works closely with AFP Wisconsin as part of the Wisconsin Prosperity Network, along with another group with ties to Koch funding, American Majority. The think tank also participates in the Koch-funded Institute for Humane Studies’ Koch Summer Fellows Program and is a member of the Koch-funded State Policy Network.